Heart disease and stroke are the first and fifth leading causes of death in the United States. Every 43 seconds, someone in the United States has a heart attack, many of them fatal. On average, one American dies from stroke every 4 minutes.
Million Hearts® is a national initiative with an ambitious goal to prevention 1 million heart attacks and strokes by 2017. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services co-lead the initiative on behalf of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Specific Million Hearts Tools
- Million Hearts Hypertension Control Change Tool
- Create Your Own Hypertension Treatment Protocol
- Tool - Patient Visit High Blood Pressure Checklist for Health Care Providers
- Tool: Framingham Heart Age Calculator
- Learn How Million Hearts Champions and Partners are Successfully Controlling Hypertension